Welcome to EDUCATION NATION where we will share a specific meal prep / clean eating related topic with you each day!
Today is all about how “defining your meal prep style“! Contrary to popular belief there is no RIGHT or WRONG way to prep your meals. It’s your food, and you prep it based on your cooking style and the time you have to dedicate to it. The key is prepping RIGHT foods, and we have taken that guess work out of the equation for you by providing you with a FREE meal plan!
Even still, for today’s EDUCATION NATION, we have summed up two basic Meal Prep styles for you. But, before we jump into those, we also dispel common meal prep myths!
MEAL PREP MYTHS:
Meal Prep does / is NOT…
- Eating the same meals all day! Don’t get it twisted we enjoy a variety!!
- Eating boring salads and plain chicken and turkey meals! There’s more to eating clean than this!! Let us show you diva.
- Eating bland foods with no sauces, no spices! Nope we enjoy our homemade sauces and low sodium (but full of flavor) spices and seasonings!
- Take more time than cooking your meals individually. Estimate the amount of time it would take for you to cook 5 meals per day for 7 days. How many minutes does it take you to prepare each meal? Multiply that by 5 meals a day. Take the product of that multiplication and multiply it again times the 7 days of a week. Compare that number to how long it takes you to prep your meals at one sitting? Eye-opening right? Meal PREP saves you time!!!
- More expensive!! Healthy food is NOT more expensive! Let’s just say you ate Mc Donald’s every day! And for argument’s sake let’s say each meal at Mc D’s is $10, that’s a reasonable average, right? If you ate 5 meals a day at Mc D’s diva that’s $50 a day! $50 a day * 7 days a week is $350. Now that’s an expensive habit! So, how much did your groceries cost? Compare that price tag to the $350. Meal PREP saves you money!
Meal PREP TRUTHS!!
Meal Prep is…
- Prepping your food ahead of time so that you are prepared for your day / week. Emergencies and changes to your daily schedule happens. Meal prep is being ORGANIZED and having those meals with you or near you to avoid the drive thru!
- A money saver. See #5 above, and think about if you had more expensive tastes, eating out every day can really add up! Think about the vending machines, the lattes, gas station store trips. Those should all be excluded this week. Eat to your plan. Save your money and lose your weight! Lastly, by cooking your food for the week or a few days at a time, YOU ARE ACTUALLY EATING IT! Not letting it spoil in your fridge. That is another money saver!
- A time saver! Yes it’s just really convenient to have your food on hand with you. You become your own personal and BEST drive thru! Drive on thru your kitchen and get your 5 meals for each day! Stop spending time every day of the week wondering what you’re going to eat! Stop cooking every single day. Your work week will go so much smoother when you plan your meals on your day off!
- Like going to get your hair braided. Lord knows I hated sitting in that chair for 3, sometimes, 5 and girl one time 10 hours at a time! But guess what, once I spent that time in the chair, I didn’t had to fuss with my hair all week. Nope, not once! Girrrrl, that’s MEAL PREP! You shouldn’t have to do anything to your food but warm it up throughout the week! (Make sure you have the RIGHT containers! (click here)
During our 30 day challenges we offer new, tasty, low sugar, low carb meal plans EVERY week! Week 1 of our 30 day challenge is always a SUGAR DETOX, where we have seen divas lose as much as 14 pounds in the first 7 days! The plan provided here is not a SUGAR DETOX meal plan, but it is a low sugar / low carb plan.
If you would like to learn more about our 30 day challenges, please visit our programs page here on this site. We recommend starting with Program #1 (click here to learn more) or leave a comment on this page for immediate assistance.
If you haven’t already, Join this FREE “12 Day Meal Prep-mas” Challenge diva, you will be glad you did!!
Click here: CHALLENGE REGISTRATION
Complete the following assignment to qualify for free prizes awarded at the end of this 12 day challenge.
- Share your thoughts in the Comments below about the Meal Prep Myths and Truths shared above.
- Read the “What Kind of Meal Prepper” post on our blog from our, Free 7 Day Learn How to Meal Prep Fabulously” challenge, to determine your meal prep STYLE, share your style in the comments. (Minimum or Maximum) (click here)
- Yesterday was grocery shopping, today is meal prep! Start preparing your foods for the week based on your style (Minimum or Maximum)
- Having the right meal prep containers can be the difference between spoiled food on Day 3 of your meals, or even spilled food in your lunch bag. We encourage you to use microwave and dishwasher safe containers that are guaranteed to last. We offer a brand we endorse in our DIVA SHOP (click here)
- Share this post or meal prep styleon FB, IG or Twitter using hashtag “#FFFitmas“
- Remember we start eating our meals tomorrow! If you haven’t already taken your measurements and weight DO IT NOW! Record it on your FREE MY BODY stats template provided on Day 2 (click here). If you plan to be in the running for FREE prizes, please also take a picture of your toes on the scale and of your body measurements (a pic of the measuring tape on your body for each body part) BEFORE tomorrow! Your body will change during the 1 week you are eating clean. Use this old post from our 30 day challenges we hosted back in 2015 for a quick guide (click here)
- Grab a mason jar! Label is NSV for NON-SCALE VICTORIES. Make sure that all during the week when you encounter an NSV like, I prepped my meals for the 1st time in a long time or I worked out today! Or I feel lighter, Or I drank my gallon today. Add a slip of paper to your NSV Mason jar!! Let’s track our NON-WEIGHT related progress! They are JUST as important! WHY?? Cause the scale is like a BAD BOYFRIEND that’s why!! You get what I’m saying?? If not visit Day 2 (click here)
Live fab this holiday,
Nicole “Coach Twy” Twyman
“Who Says Fitness Can’t be Fabulous?”
P.S.: If you would like to learn more about our full 30 day meal prep challenge offerings, please visit: 30 Day Meal Prep Support
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.