Welcome back, Welcome back, Welcome back!
Our FREE 10 Day KETO Meal Prep Challenge is off to an amazing start, keep that same energy sis!!
I’m here as you guide to help you get started on and complete your journey.
Before you start Day 2’s Assignment, make sure you have completed Day 1’s Diva Assignment (click here).
If you haven’t already, Join the FREE 10 Day Meal Prep Challenge diva, you will be glad you did!!
Click here: CHALLENGE REGISTRATION
WELCOME TO DAY 2
“WHAT IS KETO?”
The ketogenic diet (or keto diet, for short) is a low carb, high fat diet that offers many health benefits. In fact, many studies show that this type of diet can help you lose weight and improve your health (1Trusted Source). Ketogenic diets may even have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy, and Alzheimer’s disease (2Trusted Source, 3Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source, 5Trusted Source).
Here is a detailed beginner’s guide to the keto diet.
The ketogenic diet is a very low carb, high fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and low carb diets.
It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain (6Trusted Source).
Ketogenic diets can cause significant reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has some health benefits (6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source, 8Trusted Source).
FOODS TO AVOID
Any food that’s high in carbs should be limited.
Here’s a list of foods that need to be reduced or eliminated during this challenge or for anyone doing the Keto diet.
- sugary foods: soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- grains or starches: wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- fruit: all fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries
- beans or legumes: peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- root vegetables and tubers: potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
- low fat or diet products: low fat mayonnaise, salad dressings, and condiments
- some condiments or sauces: barbecue sauce, honey mustard, teriyaki sauce, ketchup, etc.
- unhealthy fats: processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
- alcohol: beer, wine, liquor, mixed drinks
- sugar-free diet foods: sugar-free candies, syrups, puddings, sweeteners, desserts, etc.
FOODS TO EAT
You should base the majority of your meals around these foods:
- meat: red meat, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken, and turkey
- fatty fish: salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel
- eggs: pastured or omega-3 whole eggs
- butter and cream: grass-fed butter and heavy cream
- cheese: unprocessed cheeses like cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella
- nuts and seeds: almonds, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- healthy oils: extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil
- avocados: whole avocados or freshly made guacamole
- low carb veggies: green veggies, tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.
- condiments: salt, pepper, herbs, and spices
It’s best to base your diet mostly on whole, single-ingredient foods.
Healthy KETO SNACKS
In case you get hungry between meals, here are some healthy, keto-approved snacks:
- fatty meat or fish
- a handful of nuts or seeds
- one or two hard-boiled or deviled eggs
- 90% dark chocolate
- full-fat Greek yogurt mixed with nut butter and cocoa powder
- strawberries and plain cottage cheese
- celery with salsa and guacamole
- beef jerky
- smaller portions of leftover meals
TODAY’S DIVA ASSIGNMENT
Diva Task #1:
Did you learn something new about KETO today? What’s your favorite educational tip? Please leave me a comment in the notes sis! I wanna hear from you.
Diva Task #2:
Use your meal planning template found in your healthy habit planner (click here to order for $10) to record the meals you plan to eat next week. Use your recipe book and the snacks above to create a meal plan for next week. I highly recommend NOT eating cheese with each meal.
POST YOUR MEAL PLANNING TEMPLATE in our Facebook group! (Click Here)
Diva Task #2:
If you wanna join our Social Media challenge and win ONE of our free prizes this week, complete this optional task as well. Winners will be announced On #WinningWednesday, later this month. Here’s today’s assignment. Right click and save the image below to your phone or computer. Then upload it to FB, Twitter and/or IG and tag Fit, Fyne & Fabulous. Use these words with your post: Just copy paste sis. “The recipes in my KETO challenge look so good!!! Who will try this new KETO recipe for Mini Zucchini sliders with me!? Here’s the recipe: fitfynefabulous.com/mini-zucchini-burgers/ ” #sisterhood #divahood #mealprepLIFE #ketoCHALLENGE #thefitfynefablife #fitfynefab #fullycommitted Tag me on IG @fit_fyne_fab Twitter @fitfynefabulous or FB Nicole Dyer-Twyman
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED BASED ON PARTICIPATION & RESULTS!!
If you read your assignments above and plan to complete them soon, leave a comment on this post below.
Feel free to share, pin or email this post. The more the merrier!
If you haven’t already, Join the 10 Day Challenge diva, you will be glad you did!!
Click here: CHALLENGE REGISTRATION
Let’s Get it Done in 2021, fabulously sis!
“Who Says Fitness Can’t be Fabulous?”
P.S.: If you would like to learn more about our VIP Membership (click here)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.