Welcome to Fit, Fyne & Fabulous; where we ennoble to end the trend of obesity in the African American community! Today’s recipe is a low carb, Keto twist on a Southern Fav, Shrimp & “Grits”.
This is one of the thousands of delicious recipes we have available to our Fit, Fyne & Fabulous divas via our VIP program. Learn more about it here fitfynefabulous.com/divahood
In the meantime, let’s get into these juicy shrimp shall we?
Southern Shrimp & Grits
- 2 lb Shrimp
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning of choice (may use the homemade recipe in the VIP group as well)
- 6 slices Nitrate Free Bacon
- 2/3 lb hot chicken chorizo sausage pork works also - remove the casing
- 1/2 Bell Pepper about 1 cup, chopped
- 2 Shallots about 1 cup, chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum or 2 tsp of tapioca starch, or 1 tbsp Unflavored Collagen Peptides
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth or seafood broth
- Cheddar Cauliflower Grits
- 16 oz Cauliflower Rice
- 3/4 cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Natural Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Chives
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the cajun seasoning mixture and set aside
- Heat 12-in skillet on medium heat
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, crumble, and set aside.
- Cook the chorizo in bacon drippings. Remove from pan and set aside with the bacon
- Saute vegetables (shallots, bell peppers, green onions, and garlic) in the bacon and chorizo fat until translucent.
- Add the xanthan gum, lemon juice, and broth to the vegetables. Cook until a sauce begins to form (~5 minutes)
- Add the chorizo, crumbled bacon and seasoned shrimp into the pan. Cook until the shrimp is pink.
- Cauliflower Cheese Grits
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat
- Add cream, broth, and cream cheese. Mix until the cream cheese is melted (~5 minutes)
- Add cauliflower, butter salt, chives and pepper
- Stir on medium-low until the cauliflower rice is tender (~5-10 minutes)
- Add cheddar into the pan and allow it to melt
- Finish The Dish
- Add the cauliflower cheese grits to a bowl.
- Top the keto grits with the southern shrimp and serve.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.