FOR THE MARINADE
- 3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pc fresh lime juice and zest
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- small handful fresh basil leaves
- small handful fresh curly parsley leaves
- 3 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/3 tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
FOR THE SHRIMP
- 8-12 PCS 10 inch bamboo skewers
- 1 1/2 lbs raw jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined, tails on
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for at least 20 minutes, so they don't burn on the grill.
- To make your marinade:Place all the marinade ingredients into a small food processor or high speed blender. Pulse until smooth.
- Alternatively, you can finely chop the herbs and mince the garlic, then whisk it all together really well.
- Pour the marinade over your shrimp, and gently toss to coat shrimp well. Allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- To prepare and cook the shrimp skewers:Remove shrimp from the fridge and thread them onto the skewers.
- Preheat an outside grill, grill pan, or cast iron over medium heat.
- Once the grill is hot, carefully place your shrimp skewers in the center of your grill with a bit of space between each skewer. Grill for about 2 minutes on each side, or until light grill marks appear and shrimp turns pink and opaque.
- Serve shrimp while hot next to your favorite chopped salad, perfectly cooked quinoa, and lime wedges.Enjoy!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.