It’s soup season sis! This is the perfect recipe to keep you full and warm. Make sure to try it soon sis!
- 1/2 head of cabbage chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 1 cup white or yellow onion diced
- 1 cup carrots diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 14 oz can basil oregano garlic diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- few shakes of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt optional
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add celery, onions, bell peppers, and carrots.
- Saute until slightly tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Stir in tomatoes and cabbage.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until cabbage is tender.
- Stir in oregano, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper and salt (if using)
- Taste broth and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
~TIPS~Jazz it up by adding lots of spices, herbs and a variety of veggies.
This makes enough for about 3 days.
Keeps well in the fridge for about 3 day.
You can also ground turkey and add to this soup to add a flavorful protein!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.
This looks yummy!!! Gonna try it! Thank you for sharing this.
This is a good blog to follow for yummy and healthy food 😊!! I’ll try this tonight.
This looks lush found, this a great help to lose that unwanted weight🙌🏾
This looks delicious and nutritious 🔥🔥