HELLO DIVA, THANK YOU FOR VISITING FIT, FYNE & FABULOUS ON THE WEB! PLEASE JOIN OUR FB GROUP (CLICK HERE) FOR MOTIVATION, RECIPE TIPS AND SUPPORT. THERE ARE OVER 11,000 WOMEN WAITING TO GREET YOU AND ASSIST YOU IN MAINTAINING OR EVEN DEVELOPING YOUR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. IT IS OUR GOAL TO END THE TREND OF OBESITY IN THE BLACK AND BROWN COMMUNITIES ACROSS THIS NATION!
I know we like to snack!!!!
But allow me to show you try to snack a bit more healthy but still tasty!!
You have some corn tortillas, zucchini and cheese?
Lemme show you how to eat that zucchini and love it!
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU PLAN TO TRY IT, AND DO US THE HONOR AND CLICKING THE SHARE BUTTON AND INVITE OTHERS TO SHARE MAKE IT TOO! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR SHARING OUR MINISTRY WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. ENJOY!
Corn Zucchini Chips
- 3 medium fresh crisp zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz. organic corn tortilla chips
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour of choice
- 1/2 cup homemade BBQ sauce (or use a Sugar Free Version)
- 2 Tbsps freshly chopped chives or parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place corn tortilla chips into your food processor and process to crush the chips into crumbs as shown.
- Thoroughly wash the zucchini and trim off the ends.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick discs and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f and line one large or 2 medium baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set up three stations; in a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a touch of added a salt and pepper.
- On a large plate, add the flour, and in another shallow bowl, place your crushed chips.
- Next, roll each zucchini disc into the flour first. Then dunk into the beaten eggs, then gently press them into the crushed tortilla chips to ensure a good coating on both sides.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat until finished with all zucchini.
- Transfer the trays to your preheated oven and bake for abour 20-25 minutes, flipping once during roasting.
- Once the zucchini chips are done, remove from the oven.
- Top each one with about one teaspoon of BBQ sauce, then sprinkle with a bit of cheese.
- Return the zucchini chips back into the oven and broil for 2 minutes until cheese is nice and melty.
- Garnish with chopped chives, or parsley and enjoy.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.