Welcome To the DIVAhood sis. Where we share, discuss and motivate each other on all things that are Fit, Fyne & Fabulous! During lockdown, I’ve made all of our meal plans FREE!!! WOW! So everyone’s a VIP thru the end of May 2020! If you would like to continue to receive weekly meal plans that we make together each week, and free education, learn more about the The DIVAHOOD and join us for a month or two! fitfynefabulous.com/divahood
-Or- Consider joining our one our meal prep challenges for 10% off (Memorial Day Weekend 2020 only) use promo code “Priority” to receive your discount here: fitfynefabulous.com/if.
Anyway, enjoy this recipe, curated just for you boo! Please help our ministry and share this free recipe with a friend!
Homemade BBQ Shrimp Seasoning Bowl
- 2 pounds large shrimp deveined and peeled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1 large avocado pitted and chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lime wedges to garnish
- For serving:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- for the BBQ spice mix:
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- In a large glass mixing bowl place shrimp and BBQ seasoning ingredients and gently stir well to combine. Set aside for just a few minutes.
- In another bowl, add chopped tomatoes, avocado, onions, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and pepper. Very gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until they've turned pink and form a nice lightly charring in spots as pictured.
- Add 1/2 cup cooked brown rice to each bowl or meal prep container.
- Then divide the cooked shrimp and avocado salsa equally, and nicely among the 4 bowls, or meal prep containers as shown.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.