I’m creating this blog post in response to the divas in our VIP members only course “Widdle that Middle without Workouts” who learned today that stress and the cortisol hormone can keep your belly FAT in tact. We began the discussion around ways to de-stress. I suggested several organic and holistic solutions in the course, but also wanted to also discuss basic things you can do everyday to destress and take care of SELF!!
So let me ask you sis:
- Do you make time for yourself?
- Do you feel selfish about taking time for yourself?
- If you do then STOP!
- This should be an ABSOLUTE nonnegotiable! I’m going to share with you a few simple way sthat will help you live a more peaceful and present life.
- Don’t overthink and complicate life.
But… Take care of yourself.
Your health and well-being is so important.
Your body is a temple.
Here are 3 Simple Self-Care Rituals to Bring YOU Peace.
1) Understand that Self-Care can be ANYTHING!
Self-care can be:
- reading a book, (my fav inspirational books)
- talking to a good friend often or a therapist (there’s no shame in the latter)
- taking a salt bath, (my fav)
- going for a walk listening to a podcast (my fav podcast)
- taking a nap, (a great nap app)
- going to bed earlier,
- a yoga class, (free Yoga videos by our very own FFF Yogi)
- a nice dinner with friends and family,
- organizing a room or even a Netflix marathon.
- IYES! These are all things that allow us to check out and recharge the mind and body diva and can help you reduce stress sis!
Self-care doesn’t have to be expensive or take a long time, it’s literally just honoring what your body needs at that moment. Click To Tweet
2) So, Sis Figure out What Relaxes YOU!
When we practice self-care we are doing things that relax and calm us. This is different for all of us.
For some it’s doing mindless tasks, and for others it might be baking or cooking a 5 course meal.
So, ask yourself that question.
If you’re going to take time for yourself… What makes YOU feel relaxed? Click To Tweet
3) YOU have to make Yourself a Priority, Boo!
I probably say this 1000 plus times a year.Most importantly… when you have more peace, less stress; you also have LESS CORTISOL!! Less Cortisol = Less Belly Boo; and, you know we are all about Widdling that middle sis! Click To Tweet
If you’re not taking time for yourself and caring for yourself, then how can you care for others in your life?
This special time you carve out for yourself is imperative.
It’s for YOU, but also for those in your life.
When you feel recharged, YOU become less reactive.
When you have peace your more positive and the little shit doesn’t bother you.
I pray this post has helped trigged some ideas on how to destress daily!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.