Enjoy this one pan wonder full of flavor, protein and healthy veggies! Want more healthy recipes that your family will love? (CLICK HERE) and get 100 clean eating healthy recipes curated to help lower blood pressure, cholesterol and your A1C! Makes a great gift! 100 recipes are sent to your inbox instantly (CLICK HERE)
One Pan Cajun Shrimp & Sausage
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil divided
- 4 chicken sausages sliced bite-sized
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium summer squash or zucchini cubed
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch asparagus or green beans ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps fresh chopped curly parsley to garnish
- fresh lemon or lime wedges for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp with the old bay seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in 1 tablespoon of your oil.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- In your same heated skillet add the remaining oil. Add in the sausage and cook just until it starts to get golden brown. Stir in all of your prepped veggies and garlic then continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste. Return the shrimp into the skillet together with the parsley and toss with the veggies and sausage.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool for meal prep.
- Stays good in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.