HELLO DIVA, THANK YOU FOR VISITING FIT, FYNE & FABULOUS ON THE WEB! PLEASE JOIN OUR FB GROUP (CLICK HERE) FOR MOTIVATION, RECIPE TIPS AND SUPPORT. THERE ARE OVER 11,000 WOMEN WAITING TO GREET YOU AND ASSIST YOU IN MAINTAINING OR EVEN DEVELOPING YOUR HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. IT IS OUR GOAL TO END THE TREND OF OBESITY IN THE BLACK AND BROWN COMMUNITIES ACROSS THIS NATION!
If you’ve been following Fit, Fyne & Fabulous long enough you know I’m absolutely obsessed with AIRFRIED CAJUN SALMON (cick here) BUT THIS RIGHT HERE… has my heart too! A Bowl made with Herbed Encrusted Salmon as the center!!
Wanna try it?
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU PLAN TO TRY IT, AND DO US THE HONOR AND CLICKING THE SHARE BUTTON AND INVITE OTHERS TO SHARE MAKE IT TOO! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR SHARING OUR MINISTRY WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. ENJOY!
Salmon Seasoned to Herb Perfection
- 4 4-5 oz. skinless salmon fillets
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- juice AND zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsps raw honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- FOR THE BOWLS:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or brown rice
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 jalapeno peppers sliced
- 3 green onions sliced
- lots of fresh lime wedges
- Place all of your salmon fillets in a Ziploc bag or sealable container with the minced garlic, basil, oregano, lime juice + zest, honey and olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, then seal the bag and toss gently to coat really well.
- Allow this to marinate in your refrigerator for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa/brown rice and prepare your veggies for the bowls.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and drizzle/spray with a bit of avocado oil, or olive oil.
- Add salmon and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden and flaky. Cooking time depends on the thickness of your fillets.
- To assemble your bowls, divide the quinoa/rice equally among 4 bowls or meal prep containers.
- Top each with garlic herb salmon, mashed avocado or sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, and green onions.
- Squeeze lots of fresh lime over your avocado to keep it green and fresh especially if you're storing these for meal prep to eat at a later time.
- Before eating, squeeze everything with lime juice and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- These bowls stay great for up to 3 days refrigerated and sealed well.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.