- 4 6- ounce salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and de-veined
- 8 tablespoons ghee divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cajun Seasoning:
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl stir together all cajun seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Melt 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly).
- Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 7-8 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned.
- Transfer salmon to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining ghee to the pan over medium-high heat. Once ghee is melted, stir in cajun seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and saute until opaque, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp. Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.
This is one of my favorite recipes. Great blend of seasonings. My sons look forward to me making this dish.
This recipe is FANTASTIC! I cooked this for my meal prep and my family ate it all. I had to change my meal prep for the week since it was all gone! My go to recipe!