Spicy Orange Salmon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 5 or 6-oz wild caught salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- Sweet + Spicy Orange Sauce:
- 2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 small sweet onion finely chopped or grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup cup no sugar added orange marmalade
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1 red chili seeded and finely chopped
- 2 Tbsps gluten-free flour or Arrowroot powder
- Optional: cooked brown rice chopped cucumbers drizzled with apple cider vinegar, sea salt & white pepper
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add in all of your orange sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes on low heat until sauce is slightly reduced and thickened a bit, stirring here and there.
- Next, using an immersion blender, very carefully puree this sauce until smooth, then cover with lid and set aside.
- Season your salmon fillets with sea salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and once hot add in the salmon. Sear until beautifully golden brown about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drizzle in your sauce over and continue to cook until hot and bubbly, about 3-4 minutes more.
- Once your fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork, remove from heat and garnish with green onions.
- Serve with cooked brown rice and chopped cucumbers if desired.
- This entire meal makes for a great meal prep idea! Simply store in sealed glass containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.