Strawberry Cheese Cake for Divas
- For the crust
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened dried coconut flakes Let's do Organic brand is my fave!
- tiny pinch of sea salt
- For the filling
- 3 cups cashews soaked overnight in room temp water
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup strawberries to garnish
- fresh mint to garnish
- Place the dates in a bowl of water and soak for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Drain and set aside.
- To make the crust, prepare a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil spray or wiped with coconut oil. Place the pecans and almonds into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the dates, coconut flakes and blend until combined.
- Press the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- To make the filling, drain and rinse the overnight soaked cashews.
- Place the cashews, coconut oil, lemon juice, honey and vanilla into a food processor and blend until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Add in the strawberries and blend until very smooth.
- Pour the strawberry filling on top of the crust and even it with a spatula.
- Place in the freezer overnight to harden.
- Remove the cheesecake from freezer for least 1 hour before serving.
- Top with fresh strawberries and mint leaves. Enjoy!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.