- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam) peeled, cubed
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger root
- 1-1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp miso paste, mixed with 2 Tbsp hot water
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos (or Pink Himalayan salt, to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Add sweet potato, cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- Roast bell pepper on grill or gas stove top.
- Turn frequently until skin is evenly charred.
- Place in medium bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Peel skin under running water.
- Remove seeds. Chop into 1/2 inch cubes
- Place sweet potato, bell pepper, ginger, oil, miso and broth in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel
- Blend until smooth. If consistency is too thick, add water.
- Heat soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until hot.
- Add Bragg Liquid Aminos (if desired) and seasoning blend (if desired)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.