Sweet & Spicy Honey Glazed Drumsticks
- 12-14 chicken wing drumsticks about 2 lbs.
- 2 tsps baking powder or potato starch
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper or freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds to garnish
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Sticky honey glaze:
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2-3 Tbsps hot sauce of choice to taste
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos Bragg's liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil or avocado oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. and place a rack over a large roasting pan.
- Pour about 1 cup of water into the roasting pan.
- Alternatively, you could heat up your outdoor grill to 375 degrees, spray the grates and BBQ these using the same instructions below, and watching them very closely throughout the process.
- In a small bowl whisk all glaze ingredients together really well. Set aside.
- Pat your drumsticks dry with paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and baking powder, then toss well to coat.
- Arrange the chicken onto your prepared roasting tray/rack (suspended above the water on grates as shown) then roast for about 35 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- You'll know when they're done, as juices run clear and the skin is golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and brush them with your glaze, then place back into the heated oven for just 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat this process several times for the next 5-6 minutes so that they get 3 layers of this delicious glaze.
- Sprinkle the drumsticks with sesame seeds and green onions and serve with any remaining untouched sauce (sauce shouldn't touch raw chicken)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.