Chipolte Sweet Potatoes
- 2 extra large sweet potatoes thoroughly washed and pat dry
- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil, divided
- 4 Tbsps adobo sauce divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano divided
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to your taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 lb. ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice divided (Parmesan, mozzarella, or Colby Jack are all good options)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a fork, poke a few holes into your sweet potatoes then place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender inside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Brown the ground chicken/turkey for about 3-4 minutes, then stir in 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce, pepper flakes, and then sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine, then set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are roasted, remove from the oven and let them cool just a bit. Once you're able to safely touch them, slice each one lengthways and spoon out the flesh into a bowl as shown.
- Add into that bowl: half the cheese, oregano, the remaining adobo sauce, a teensy pinch of sea salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, then spoon the potato mixture back inside your sweet potato skins. Top equally with your adobo chicken and remaining shredded cheese, and return to the oven for about 3-4 minutes, or just until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy while hot!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.