Looking for a delicious Christmas breakfast idea? This is sure to wow your tastebuds and your family on Christmas morning! Unwrap the gift of healthy and tasty!
- 1/4 cup peanut almond butter, or tahini
- 2 Tbsps dark maple syrup
- 3 tsps ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 whole eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt or unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsps pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make your cinnamon swirl mixture:
- Whisk all the ingredients together really well.
- Place in a small Ziploc bag or piping bag and set aside.
- To make the pancakes:
- Place all the pancake ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until just combined and just smooth, about 20-30 seconds. We want the batter just smooth to create fluffy pancakes but not over blended which will create dense pancakes.
- Allow your batter to rest for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Lightly spray or rub a griddle or large skillet with avocado cooking oil or ghee and heat over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto your hot skillet.
- Cut a very small corner of the bag with the cinnamon swirl and pipe the mixture into a swirl on top of each pancake as shown.
- Cook your pancakes until bubbles appear on the top, around 2 minutes, then flip and cook for about a minute longer.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter and cinnamon swirl mixture.
- To frost:
- In a medium bowl, whisk all of your frosting ingredients together really well.
- If desired, add a bit more maple syrup or honey to taste.
- Drizzle frosting over your pancakes and serve right away!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.