Happy Thanksgiving week sis!! As Thanksgiving nears it’s important that you make up your mind ahead of time if you will indulge your tastebuds all day with unhealthy foods, or will you sprinkle in a few healthy options here and there.
Today, I’m excited to share a game-changing recipe that will INDULGE YOUR TASTEBUDS and NOURISH YOUR HEALTH! Girl this dish is so darn good!!
Our Healthy Thanksgiving Stuffing, a the twist you need on a classic, all courtesy of Fit, Fyne & Fabulous. You’ll see sis, it deliciously satisfying without the usual ‘I-need-a-sofa-now’ feeling. Get ready to enjoy all the flavor without any of the food coma!
The Magic Ingredients:
Imagine a stuffing that’s not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. This recipe features a wonderful blend of cauliflower, Chicken Apple Italian Sausage, and a medley of spices and vegetables. Intrigued? Check out the full recipe below!
Health at the Heart of Thanksgiving:
Each ingredient in this stuffing brings its own health benefits. Cauliflower, a low-carb alternative to traditional bread, teams up with lean protein from the sausage. Olive oil and ghee replace butter, making it a heart-friendly choice.
My Personal Experience:
When I tried this recipe, my house smelled DIVINE!!!! The aroma of sage, thyme, and rosemary filled my kitchen, creating a perfect Thanksgiving ambiance. The blend of savory sausage with sweet apples and the crunch of pecans was a delightful surprise to your mouth, sis! I even drizzled a bit of honey on top for extra sweetness!
Your Turn to Shine:
I encourage you to bring this recipe to your family’s Thanksgiving table. It’s a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that won’t leave you feeling guilty about indulging.
Now after you have tried and loved it, share your experiences in the comments below and in our Facebook group (click here) using #HealthyThanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a time of gratitude, family, and, of course, delicious food. This Healthy Thanksgiving Stuffing is a testament to how traditional dishes can be reinvented for better health without sacrificing flavor.
Give it a try and let me know how it goes!
P.S. Sis if you want more recipes grab our Holiday bundle at an extra 10% off. Use the code DIVAhood10! www.fffblackfriday.com/holidaybundle
Healthy Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pound Chicken Apple Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms shiitake is my fav
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon ghee clarified butter
- Honey for drizzling (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and spread out evenly on a sheet pan.
- Roast for about 40 minutes until tender and crisp.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high and spray lightly with oil. Add the sausage and gently break into pieces. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add the onion, carrots and mushrooms and sauté for another 4-5 minutes until the carrots become slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and toss together the mixture with a rubber spatula or large spoon.
- Add the apples, pecans, salt, sage, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Toss the mixture again to ensure spices spread evenly. Add the ghee and toss again. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- When the cauliflower is done cooking, remove the cover and add the cauliflower to the rest of the stuffing mixture. Fold the ingredients together. Continue to cook for about 2-5 more minutes until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle with honey if using. Serve!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.