Yummy, healthy, easy and quick! The perfect stuffing / side dish to try this Thanksgiving! Join us in our free Facebook group, and drop your pics of this dish sis (click here)!
Healthy Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pound Chicken Apple Italian Sausage
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms shiitake is my fav
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 2/3 cup pecans chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoon ghee clarified butter
- Honey for drizzling (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil and spread out evenly on a sheet pan.
- Roast for about 40 minutes until tender and crisp.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high and spray lightly with oil. Add the sausage and gently break into pieces. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add the onion, carrots and mushrooms and sauté for another 4-5 minutes until the carrots become slightly tender.
- Add the garlic and toss together the mixture with a rubber spatula or large spoon.
- Add the apples, pecans, salt, sage, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Toss the mixture again to ensure spices spread evenly. Add the ghee and toss again. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- When the cauliflower is done cooking, remove the cover and add the cauliflower to the rest of the stuffing mixture. Fold the ingredients together. Continue to cook for about 2-5 more minutes until all of the vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle with honey if using. Serve!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.