Mini Zucchini Burgers
- 1 extra large zucchini or 2 medium/large, cut into 16 1/2inch-slices
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese cut into quarters to get 4 small squares
- avocado oil cooking spray
- Thoroughly rinse your zucchini and pat the excess moisture with a towel.
- Carefully cut off the ends. Now simply cut across the zucchini to slice into 1/2-inch thick rounds.
- Sprinkle rounds with a tiny bit of salt and pepper, then set aside on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef and all seasonings; stir until well combined.
- Shape your ground beef into 8 equal sized mini-patties, about 1-inch thick.
- Gently pat zucchini rounds dry with paper towels.
- Lightly grease a large skillet with avocado oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat, then add sliced zucchini rounds, cook until slightly charred, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Set zucchini aside on a plate.
- Add burger patties to the pan and sear each side until nicely golden, about 2-4 minutes. Flip to the other side, then add the cheese.
- Continue to cook until the beef is done to your liking and cheese is nice and melty!
- Assemble your burger sliders as shown, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.