Spicy Roasted Chickpea Salad
- 6 packed cups of greens of choice I used chopped Romaine lettuce, but arugula, or mixed baby greens would be awesome
- 1 large avocado sliced and drizzled with fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 medium red onion sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 15oz. cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed well, allowed to air dry a bit
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 2 tsps smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- To make the dressing:
- 1 large fresh lemon juiced
- 3 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a large flat rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chickpeas to the tray and sprinkle with chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with oil and toss well to get them all nicely coated.
- Arrange the chickpeas in a single layer and roast for 25-30 minutes, until dark golden brown and crispy, tossing once or twice during roasting time.
- Meanwhile, to a small jar, add all dressing ingredients and shake vigorously to emulsify, or simply whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place your choice of favorite greens into a large bowl and top nicely with crispy chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, onions, avocado, and olives, OR divide ingredients evenly between 4 separate serving bowls.
- Drizzle, then gently toss your salad with the homemade dressing and enjoy!
- sea salt and pepper, to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.