Spicy Shrimp Creole
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 4 nitrate-free bacon slices chopped
- 3 bell peppers various colors chopped
- 1 large white or yellow onion sliced
- 4 celery ribs chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsps homemade Cajun seasoning mix
- 1 14.5 ounce jar organic tomato sauce
- 1 lb. raw shrimp peeled, deveined, tails on
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- HOMEMADE CAJUN SEASONING Just mix and store in air tight jar for 6 months
- 4 Tbsps smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsps dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps sea salt
- 2 Tbsps garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp cayenne
- 1/2 Tbsp dried thyme
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your bacon and cook until crispy, then remove onto a paper towel lined plate to absorb the excess fat.
- In that same skillet with a bit of remaining bacon fat sauté your onions, bell peppers, and celery stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or so. Stir in minced garlic and Cajun seasonings, then continue to cook, stirring for about 1 minute more.
- Pour in tomato sauce, then reduce your heat to low.
- Simmer until your sauce thickens, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or so.
- Add in raw shrimp and cook just until pink, about 3-4 minutes.
- Taste test and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Sprinkle with crispy bacon and fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately on a bed of brown rice. Or, allow to cool for meal prep.
- Divide your cooked brown rice equally among 4 meal prep bowls and top with shrimp creole.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.