HAVE A HEALTHY HOLIDAY!
You don’t have to gain 10 pounds over the holiday! There’s another option!! I’ve compiled a series of healthy holiday dishes that are NOT short on flavor or creativity! ENJOY & SHARE!!
Want more Holiday Healthy options?? (click here)
- 1 bulb garlic
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 3 cups low-sodium organic chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin (preferably from grass-fed cows)
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot (approx. 1 medium shallot)
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage leaves (or dried sage)
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch (preferably GMO-free) + 3 Tbsp. water (combine to make a "slurry")
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Cut top ¼-inch off garlic bulb. Drizzle with 1 tsp. oil. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Bake for 1 hour, or until cloves are golden brown and soft to their core.
- Cool until garlic can be handled.
- Once garlic is cool enough to handle, hold it cut-side down over the base of your blender and squeeze to release bulbs from their skin. Add broth, gelatin, salt, and pepper; cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp. oil in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add shallot and sage; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shallot is translucent.
- Add sherry; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until sherry has almost completely evaporated.
- Add garlic mixture to same saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Add cornstarch slurry; cook, whisking constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until gravy has thickened.
- 3 TBsp per serving
- • After 40 minutes of roasting, check garlic every 10 minutes (or so) to be
- sure it doesn’t burn.
- Blackened garlic is extremely bitter and will ruin your gravy. If garlic turns black, it’s best to discard it and start fresh. Trust me, I’ve been there; a kitchen timer is your friend!
GET TO KNOW FIT, FYNE & FABULOUS!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Join our FREE Learn to Meal Prep Email Based Course (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.