- 1 pound nitrate free turkey sausage, cut into1.5" slices
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice, rinsed well
- 1 (14.5-ounce) jar diced tomatoes with juices
- 2.5 cups vegetable, or chicken broth/stock
- 1 (8-ounce) jar organic tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- a small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Place all the ingredients (except shrimp and parsley) in a 6 quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours.
- Stir in parsley and shrimp. If all the liquid is absorbed add 1 additional cup of broth. Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for an additional 30 minutes or until shrimp and chicken are cooked through.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.