HAVE A HEALTHY HOLIDAY!
You don’t have to gain 10 pounds over the holiday! There’s another option!! I’ve compiled a series of healthy holiday dishes that are NOT short on flavor or creativity! ENJOY & SHARE!!
Want more Holiday Healthy options?? (click here)
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 raw small turkey breast deboned, skin on, butterflied (approx. 2½ lbs.)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt), divided use
- ground black pepper, divided use
- 1½ cups Whole-Grain Stuffing (separate recipe)
- Gravy (optional) (separate recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Combine ghee, garlic, bay leaf, and thyme leaves (discard stem) in a small bowl; mix well.
- Place turkey breast, skin-side down, on a cutting board. Rub meat side of turkey breast with half of ghee mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread stuffing in an even layer over ghee mixture, covering the entire surface of turkey breast.
- Roll turkey breast into a tight log, with stuffing on the inside and skin on the outside; wrap kitchen twine around turkey breast and tie lightly.
- Rub outside of turkey breast with remaining half of ghee mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in roasting pan on rack. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, turning every 20 minutes so skin crisps evenly, or until a thermometer placed into center of turkey breast reaches 165º F.
- Allow the turkey breast to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes; remove twine and skin. Cut into 1-inch thick slices.
- Serve with 3 Tbsp. Gravy per serving (if desired). Enjoy!
- Stuffing and Gravy recipes can be found in the Healthy Holiday category on the blog. The link is above this recipe.
- Ask grocer to butterfly your turkey
Before you leave!
GET TO KNOW FIT, FYNE & FABULOUS!
- Learn more about our meal prep & fitness support ministry (click here)
- Join our FREE Learn to Meal Prep Email Based Course (click here)
- Learn more about the services we provide our divas (click here)
- Visit Our Diva Shop (click here)
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.