Watermelon Chia Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups fresh watermelon cubed // black seeds removed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 medium ripe banana previously peeled // chopped and frozen
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup unsweetened plain coconut or almond milk
- 1 medium lime juiced // 1 lemon yields ~30 ml
- 1 Tbsp chia or hemp seeds optional
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more almond milk to thin, or more frozen strawberries or ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lime for acidity, banana for sweetness, or watermelon for a more intense watermelon flavor.
- Serves 2 (as original recipe is written) - top with additional chia seeds to mock watermelon seeds! Best when fresh, though leftovers keep covered in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.
This looks colorful and bright. 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾 And healthy!!!
I love it!! Stay healthy😊 my fave!