Calling all divas who love wings to the floor!!! As a lover of soul food, I try my best to incorporate it into our healthy holiday traditions.
As we gear up for the holiday season (a healthy holiday that is), there’s no better time to enjoy meals that are both a guilty pleasure yet still healthy!
And if you’re anything like us, you revel in the art of creating delicious meals that don’t compromise on health. That’s where our Healthy Holiday Baked Honey Wings recipe swoops in to steal the show!
Wondering how these wings stack up against your go-to recipes? Picture this: succulent, oven-baked perfection enveloped in a harmonious blend of honey-infused goodness. This recipe isn’t just a feast for the taste buds; it’s a testament to the joy of wholesome cooking that resonates with every bite.
And hey, if you loved our previous baked wings recipe at The Fit Fyne Fab Life, get ready to be blown away by this holiday-inspired rendition.
We’ve amplified the flavors and elevated the experience, all while keeping health at the forefront.
(Click Here) to try the best Oven Baked wings (You can use the AirFryer) you’ve ever tasted!
Sign up now (click here) and be notified when we share more delicious recipes!
Alright now sis, it’s time to gather your ingredients, unleash your inner chef, and let’s make this holiday season a celebration of good taste and wellness.
Baked Honey Wings
- 30 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Honey garlic sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch:
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven 425 degres F .
- Dry the wings with paper towels until they are completely dry.
- Combine all rub ingredients in a large bowl, add wings and blend. Grease it with olive oil.
- Lay aluminum foil on a baking tray and then put parchment paper on top, arrange chicken wings in a single layer, if necessary use two baking sheets. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping for 20 minutes on the other side.
- Honey garlic sauce:
- Meantime, mix sauce ingredients in small skillet on medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or until it thickens slightly, and the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Mix the wings with the sauce:
- We take wings from the oven, flip with the sauce and return to the oven for another 10 minutes, flipping after 5 minutes on the other side.
- Roast it for a few minutes.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes. When the sauce cools, it thickens. Turn the wings every few minutes to coat with the sauce until it thickens.
I’m Nicole Twyman, a native New Orleanian, who has lived all across the US! Although, my small family of 4 currently calls Los Angeles, CA home. I am a proud 40+ year old mom of a wonderfully energetic and theatrical daughter, and a handsome, scholarly athlete!
While I have worked in corporate America as a certified senior project / program / portfolio manager for Fortune 500 companies like Microsoft, Procter & Gamble & IBM, my passion is service. It has always been my desire to live a life of service to others; which I took every opportunity to explore as an active member of many of my church’s ministries and of my public service sorority, Delta Sigma Theta, Inc.
Well, now I am over the top excited to have the opportunity to serve divas through my very own ministry, Fit, Fyne & Fabulous.